Friday, January 7, 2011

What brings me joy!

Today In NO particular order I thought I would list all of the things that bring me joy! Well maybe not all but quiet a few. Also this will not include the big one's such as family blah blah you all know I love them (if ya didn't I do)! Ok So in my head I can hear David Letterman doing his best "Top Ten" voice. Not sure why he came to mind I don't really watch him hmmm oh well anyway here we go........

1- Slade's dancing! I wish I could put a video up of it (hmmm maybe I will try and get one to post).  For those of you who have ever seen the episode of "Seinfeld" were Elaine dance's well that body contorting is pretty much how slade dance's. I LOVE to watch him it makes me smile and love the poor little left footed dancer all the more! The joy he brings me to watch this is the best! This one is the whole reason I did this list lol.
2- Cooking. I love to cook I love to bake you name it! Now not just any food I am talking GOOD food. I will try recipe after recipe till I find the one that makes you say with your mouth full of food "Oh my gosh that is soooo good"! I have a gallon ziplock bag ( glamorous I know) filled with the best recipes EVER. Many who know these recipes have tried to snoop and copy only to find me glaring down at them mwaahahahahahah! 
3-Talking on the phone. I love to visit I LOVE IT! Lucky for me I have so many great people in my life who love to visit with me too! (At least I think they do? Well they don't hang up on me so that's a good sign I think! lol)
4- The smell of Bath and Body works lotion. Well two in particular 1- Japanese cherry blossom and 2- Midnight Pomegranate mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Nuff said
5- A good book! Oh how I could spend so many hours doing nothing but curling up on my sofa with a good book. My books have kinda taken over the boys closet. It's not like they need to hang up cloths or anything
6- Southern utah. I love going to my parents house. I love their farm where my kids can run and play. I love sitting on the back porch with my mom and dad visiting for hours eating otter pop after otter pop.
7- #6 brings me to this one. Going on 4 wheeler rides in the mountains around my parents home is the best. I so enjoy all of us jumping on 4 wheelers and riding but I LOVE getting on the 4-wheeler behind Steven and flying up the dirt roads to the top of the mountain just the two of us (unless troy is following, also very fun)
8- A good movie. I so enjoy watching movies. I love to curl up on the bed and watch movies!
9- Camping. Camping is the best for so many reasons but some of the top ones are 1- Steven does all the cooking (yesssssss) 2- The kids don't bother me they are tromping out through the woods 3- I get to relax!
10-Watching my boys ride Dirt bikes. Seriously they are so cute on their tiny little bikes trying to go, do and jump everything steven does.
11- Date night with my main man. Steven is soooooo stinking hot I just love going to dinner with him. He is the best and we always get to go where I want!
12- Steven smells AWESOME! Now I dont go around sniffing everything but good gravy Steven always smells good!
13- Family History. I love family history (kinda geeky) you learn so many cool things and stories!
14- Giving gifts. I love when people are excited over a gift.
15- You cant have 14 without 15! I was so excited the other day when I found out my friend Sara is like me and loves to get gifts. Everyone says "oh I just love to give gifts I don't need anything". Now I love to give gifts too BUT I LOVE getting gifts and birthday/ christmas money! For those of you thinking Trista is selfish lol it's ok cause Steven loves me selfish and all!
16- I do enjoy girls night! I love to laugh and we always do a lot of that!
17- When my kids clean up without being asked too!
18- The funny things kids will tell me in primary. People your secrets are not safe!!!!!! I can not stress this enough. Your children will go to primary and they will announce your family secrets in sharing time.  LOL LOL I love it there!
19-A relaxing long weekend with nothing to do!
And drum roll Please
20- I saved the best for last. I find sooooo much Joy and love in taking photo's! I Love to catch those little moments where people think you are not paying attention and you catch that look between a husband and wife, or a kiss from a child. I Love a great Black and White photo. You can really see personalities in people when their is no color detracting from their eye's. People eyes tell so much in a photo! The joy I get after finishing editing photo's and I sit back and finally just look at my work and enjoy it is the best! I love it when people look at their photo's and I can tell they love them as much as I do.
So there you have it 20 joys and loves in my life! I may have bored you, surprised you or made you laugh. I hope I at least didn't bore you. There are so many things I left off the list as I sit here and think I may have to do a sequel to this list some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment