Monday, January 3, 2011

What has the Blackburn's been up to?











WOW what a Holiday season! We have experienced it all! We have had those wonderful moments that make up the holiday season and we have had those moments that make you want to pull your hair out. We will start with the bad. Right before Christmas we had some information stolen from us and as a a result half our checking was cleaned out. Now that being said it was bad however I have been trying to keep focused on all the blessings in my life so that is all that will be said on that subject. On ward and up ward to happy things! Before christmas I went and bought paints for the kids to keep them busy soooo the top photo's were of me taking advantage of them to busy to pay attention. Christmas eve is always so fun at our house and this year was no different we had a great time making cookies for santa and opening pj's. Christmas morning was delightful first off my kids slept till 8am (not bad I say)! Everyone one was so excited and had a good time playing with toys. Steven and I on the other hand were delighted with the 5000 twist ties we had to remove from all the boys toys ( this is being typed with EXTEME sarcasm) before they could play with them. Really would 2 or 3 be enough do we really need 8 yes I removed 8 twist ties off of one small toy! After a frenzy of wrapping paper, twist ties and boxes we had a yummy big breakfast. The following monday we got brave enough to venture out into the cold and headed down south to my in-laws in wayne county. Steven took the boys over to the dairy to see the cow's and I could not resist taking the photo above of Ty looking like a little elf in his hat. That night all but one of Steven's sisters and their families came over for dinner. It was a ton of fun. My boys loved their cousin Nelson and he was so great to hang out with them all night. They are going to be sad little boys when he leaves on his mission in may! Rachel had a blast with her cousins. Rachel and Burgan made Kate a dress out of the left over wrapping paper ( I thought it looked pretty good). They had so much fun and laughed so hard.
On wed. we headed for Bryce canyon and my parents house. We got over there and it was soooooooooo cold then on top of that the wind was blowing which made it feel 20 degree's colder than it was. We had a blast over there. It was so nice and relaxing. Mom got a Wii for christmas so we hooked it up and everyone played. I was able to get the best video ever of my Dad, Hunter, and Slade all dancing in the living room to a game my brother Adam had brought. It was so funny however my Dad would NOT be happy with me If I posted that video. Come to think of it I am not sure if he even know's I have it he was too busy with the game to realize I was filming. On friday we headed home to relax a day or two before back to the weekly routine. Now I am left with all the carnage of the last week and a half strewn through out my house. I am afraid it will take me at least that long to get my house back to some semblance of order.   Ahhhhhh and that brings me to today and the peace and quiet of the kids being in school and the only sound is from ty in the other room. I love the Holidays ONCE a year~

No comments:

Post a Comment