Monday, April 5, 2010

My week is full!


It has been such a busy two weeks and more is to come. We remodeled all of last week then on thursday we left to head to Wayne co for Easter and to do a few photo shoot's. Well the weekend was fun and the photo shoot's went great (a little cold but fun). Then on the way home saturday I was told my Grandma (my mom's mom) had passed away. I have been to quiet a few funerals but this one is different. My Grandma was a big part of my day's. We talked several time's a week. She would call to see how the kids were doing and always wanting to know what funny thing they had done that day. She alway's wanted to know how my day was going even if it was crappy she would listen sympathize then tell me a funny story of when her kids were little. If anyone in the house was sick she would always call a few times a day to see how we were. I will miss her funny home remedies . I will miss her always wearing her pearls.
When we were children grandma would always have a Tab. She very rarely got a drink of it because every grandchild there would have to have a taste. She would bring us little bowls with powdered jello in it then we would lick our finger dip it in the jello and lick it off. Christmas was always great at Grandma's Homemade Dolls and Pj's were always under the tree. Then while all the parents talked downstairs Grandma would take all of the kids up stairs with our blankets and we would lay on the floor and she would sing "There was a little rabbit in the middle of the wood's" and if we still wouldn't settle down she would tell us to listen for the dogs barking lol (it usually worked)! Grandma's patio was the best in the summer to just sit and visit. One thing odd I remember and only because I catch myself doing it now is when she would rock in her rocking chair she would stick one leg straight out while she rocked. There was ALWAYS snack's at Grandma's and you always took a few for the ride home.
The funeral is Thursday and it will be very hard. Grandma's are what your childhood memories are filled with. I would love to go back for one hour as a child and sit on the patio with a bowl of powdered jello, Grandma, and her Tab!

2 comments:

  1. Our sympathy's go out to you and your family! I thought we passed you on Sunday in Loa-we were headed home from Antimony!!! Our thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Grandma Lithgoe. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete