Friday, December 4, 2009

New moon!

So for Rachel's Birthday all she wanted to do was go see New Moon just me and Rach! Well I HATE large crowd's so I have been putting off going to see this movie for the obvious reason of this movie is crazy popular. Well rachel got birthday money from her grandparents and wants to go any buy herself a new sweater and boots. I am now dreading tomorrow because I can't put this off any longer. I am praying that maybe if we go to an early enough movie there wont be a large crowd. Then we can go to the mall (sigh)! I love my daughter but hate shopping in crowds. So for the love of my daughter I will put on a brave face I will go see a movie that SHE is dyeing to see (the books were better, I am hoping they did a better job with this one than they did the last). And I will brave the mall in December. These are the same reasons I have not done ANY Christmas shopping. No you don't need glasses you read that right I have not done any christmas shopping. What will shock you probably more is I do not intend to do any till the weekend of the 18th! I have it all figured out. Now I am leery in sharing how I do this but here goes. I do not even start shopping till 8 pm at night if I don't have to the best shopping start at about 10pm NO ONE is there. It is the best most stores extend their store hours to midnight or latter during the holidays and that is when they do their restocking. It is wonderful while everyone is in bed or getting there. Steven and I are out in Ice covered parking lots in 17 degree weather shopping and so few people are there the whole store is ours lolol! The people who work there are more than happy to help you find something at 1 am cause they have nothing better to do. That to me is the JOY of holiday shopping. So if you to decide to brave the elements and do some midnight shopping a week before christmas watch for me. I will be the one enjoying myself with my Hubby!

1 comment:

  1. LOL you are so funny. Like you I hate the crowds at movie theaters and the mall. Which means most of the Christmas shopping is done before Thanksgiving and we wait for movies to come out on DVD before we see them. :)

    ReplyDelete