Friday, March 5, 2010

14 awesome years!

Steven and my anniversary is on Feb 10 th so it has passed. I have mentioned in earlier post's that since it is so close to valentines day we spilt them and I plan one and Steven the other. Well I planned valentines day this year so Steven is now in charge. We are going out this weekend and I have no Idea what he has planned. Now I have asked him several times with anticipation on my face what he has in store for us. The reply is usually the same, a smile comes to his face and he plays coy and say "Oh I don't know" you know I really think he doesn't know he just wants me to think he does. Anyway we shall see this weekend !
So in anticipation of my weekend out with my wonderful husband of 14 years here is a list. I don't know what to call it because it is just a mishmash of a few of my thoughts from the last 14 years!
1- I know I am not a perfect person or even someone who is close but when I am with Steven I never feel like I have to be.
2-Steven just fits! He just plain fits everything our hands, my head on his shoulder, his T-shirts, and his slippers.
3-Never NEVER pull out one of his nose hairs while driving down the road! This leads to a very angry Steven! YES I learned this one the hard way. Although we laugh at it now HE was not laughing with me then. lol Sorry I still laugh! I am laughing as I type.
4- I love Steven with a goatee. In a recent turn of events he had to shave it off for work. He has had to keep it off the last week and a half. I laughed for the first few days but now I am glad he can grow it back!
5- I hate it when steven drinks energy drinks! I tell him they are a heart attack in a can and he drinks them to irritate me! (I just know that is why he does it) lol
6- Steven Freezes at night and I melt so I kick off the covers and he puts 5 quilts on himself!
7- Steven hates to ride in the car with me! I do not know why either. I am a good driver. I don't speed , tailgate, slam on my brakes, and I always signal. I happened to be driving ONE time and I made the comment " I think I can gun it and go" So I have NEVER lived that statement down. Steven continually says "Kids if your mom was driving she would just gun it and go"!
8-Steven ALWAYS does those little things for me he knows I HATE doing. Like scrapping out food dishes that have been in the fridge longer than a day or two. Taking the garbage out. The laundry (yes you just read that right). Steven does most of the laundry well his and the kids. I like to wash my own. As I have said he is awesome.
9- I love to spend every minute I can with Steven. People say things like "He is my soul mate" or "He is the air I breath" thats not how I would explain it mine would be "He is my Happiness" or "My day Is always just a little darker with out him". Everything is just brighter and happier with him.
10- As for me the last 14 years have been a wonderful ride full of twists and turns unexpected hills and mountains to climb. There has been sun and rain back tracking now and then but always an adventure filled with laughter. What I do know after 14 years is I love this adventure what ever it brings and I cant think of anyone better to spend it with!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. You guys are so cute! It's always nice having friends who have a great relationship with their spouse.

    ReplyDelete