Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh what a weekend we had! I am not sure how to begin my tale but I guess the beginning is the best place to start any story. Prepare yourself this tale includes danger, adventure, fun and Romance! 
     So this adventure began on friday Steven took it off and we packed up the trailer with all the motorcycles and 4-wheelers and took off for cainville. Well friday night we got down to jerry and esther's . Troy and holly and mom and dad met us there also. Saturday morning dawned early after a night of talking and laughing late. As I woke I woke to the pelting rain on the roof ! Now cainville is made up of packed clay so when it gets wet it is a slick mess! Well after breakfast and alot of anxiety we called down there and was told it had not rained and was just a little cloudy. So with smiles on our faces and happy children we set out for cainville.  We arrived to slighty overcast skys and only a slight breeze( Perfect riding weather Not to hot). We unload the bikes and 4-wheelers and spent the next half hour putting helmets, boots , gloves and chest protecters on the kids. They are off and riding! Finally we adults get to start riding. Now fast forward 2 hours.
The lord was looking after us that day. For some reason everyone who was riding way out of the camp came back in for one reason or another . There was only 3 riders still out when it hit! Yes I mean HIT! Let me start by saying what happened next I would have never in a million years thought could happen . This kind of stuff only happens on t.v. shows.  As I was standing taking a photo of rachel I was looking at the back of my camera focusing on rachel when I saw IT. The largest wall of sand I have ever seen was heading straight at us! Now that was exactly what it looks like is the tallest and widest wall of sand you have ever seen.
 As I scream to everyone there we all start grabbing children as fast as we can . It is at that point I realize slade is on his motorcycle 80 to 100 yards away from where we were. I start running I think faster than I have ever ran to get to him. Just as I reach him It hit. This is the part that I think I will never be able to convey in words. It was like a sandblaster hitting me at 80 mph. I grabbed slade and wrapped my arms around him as the wind was taking him away. I tucked my head and curled around him to protect him from this terrible mixture of wind , sand and slight bit of rain. Now at this point I thought this would just be a micro burst and would end soon! So I culred there with slade for approximately 4-5 min. After this long I begin to reilize this is not going to ending soon. I look up to try and push slade and his motorbike back to camp and sand blasted into my eyes to the point I cant even open them. I began walking or pushing into the wind and sand with slade the whole  wile he is grabbing my shirt for dear life. I am praying we are going in the right direction. After about 5 min of walking everyone was worried about where me and slade were but
 no one dared to leave for fear they would not be able to find there way back. Well at this point slade and I were in within a few feet of everyone when they finally saw us and troy ran over to help. I set slade down and the winds grabbed him and started taking him with it. So I grabbed
 him and made my way to the car where all the other kids had been put. This sandstorm went on for 25 min. which felt like an hour. After I made my way to the car I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see what I looked like! I had 1/2 inch of sand in my hair and  my face was a nice grey shade. My ears had so much sand so deep in them I was still cleaning it out the next day. My eyes though were the scariest they looked as if you held them open and poured sand in them the whites were grey from dirt. Well we all sat in the cars for the remainder of this and when it finally let up we got out and started to gather what we could find. Steven and troy found our gear bag about a mile away. Everything was plastered in half to an inch of dirt. We started cleaning up and within an hour it was gorgeous in fact the photo above was taken after all of this. The kids were not even fazed they wanted to just keep riding . Slade however got a little nervous if the wind blew a little hard and would ride over right next to me for a few minutes. So we rode for a few more hours and got burnned YES I got burrned agin but just on my face I think it will be ok in a day or so.
So now you may be thinking well there was adventure, danger, and fun but where is the romance I mentioned in the first. Right well that one is easy. Steven was there and he is soooo hot in his riding gear how could this NOT all end in romance! 







Our Little motorcycle gang!








Rachel











Hunter 









Slade












Ty







What a day! I have so many Great Photo's from that day I am going to keep posting them over this week.










1 comment:

  1. That was so exciting it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. You are a master story teller. The only disapointment was where are the pictures of all the sand? I want to see some sandy people and cars!!! I want to see the sand in your hair for heavans sake!!! Put some exciting photos on for heavans sakes!! HEEE HEEEE HEEE lol.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete