Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The question of the day "Is homework a learning tool for our children OR a punishment for those of us who dared to have children"? Today my answer would be PUNISHMENT. Some days 3 children all needing help with homework is more than I can take. Is it the homework that is getting to me or fall fever. What is fall fever you ask! Well fall fever is the exact opposite of spring fever. IT is the realization that winter is just around the corner which means it will be to cold to go outside and play. It is the realization that 6 people will be cooped up in this house for months. It is the realization that Ty will no longer be aloud to go anywhere but church (and only then if he is well). It is the realization that my sanity will be pushed to the very limits! Now I realize all this soooo to combat the sick feeling this realization gives me I have booked a room at a B&B (no kids :) for the end of this year. I did this to give myself something to look forward too! So if you too suffer from fall fever this is a very important key "GIVE YOURSELF SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO"! So until the next random thought hits and I tell myself I must share it with you have a nice evening!

3 comments:

  1. homework is not just for mothers so I know what you ARE TALKING ABOUT. Staying up late helping with homework can really suck sometimes when all you want to do is go to bed:S lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to something to look forward too, I suggest investing in snowsuits and sleds. That way the kids are cooped up in the house all winter. :) Who doesn't love sledding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And is it just me, or did we not have homework, except for maybe a big project, when we were in elementary school? I don't remember doing homework until high school and not much even then. Deduction-parental punishment.

    ReplyDelete