Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SO I am sending this question out into the great big blog world. To all you faithful (or just bored and need something to do) Readers. Wait maybe I should start with the beginning first.
Today I went to pick up my kids from school. I have a very specific routine I follow everyday. I go to school one way and come home a different way. Why you ask well not for any particular reason the traffic going one way in the morning is easier than in the afternoon so I take the less traveled road ( hmmmm did I just say something deep and insightful about myself, that is for another time to explore). Well I picked the kids up and started for home. Well the usual was going on the radio was going (you think I would learn not to try and listen to it after school) and all three kids were trying to tell me about there day. Each was trying to speak over another and all were about 10 decibels to loud. As I stopped at a red light I came out of whatever trance I was in and realized I had just drove 3/4 of the way home and could not remember one second of the drive.
I had zoned out so completely that I had tuned absolutely EVERYTHING out. So this brings me to my question how often do we go through this life and tune out a day, week, or a month? I find my self saying alot "where has this week gone". I think we get into our comfortable little rut where we go about our days in a fog. We are like machines that just do it. So I for one will try to listen to the chaos that ensues in my back seat each day after school and tune out a little less.

Disclaimer: There will be times when I will still tune the kids out however I will try and not do it while driving! lol

1 comment:

  1. I think I tend to do that way to much. I then feel that I missed way to much by the end of the day. I dont like that feeling so I have been trying not to block most things out. good luck

    ReplyDelete